- Price: $.
- The filter steps : 3
- Gallons a day: 18
- NSF Standard : 42, 58
- Annual fee: $$$$.
- Warranty: 1 year
In this study we go deeper into the Whirlpool WHER25 reverse osmosis water filtration.
Today, most of us naturally associate our whirlpool massages with a variety of household appliances, from fully loaded washing machines and dryers to refrigerators and microwaves. But what about water purification? We’ll know soon enough!
WHER25 uses 4 (actually only 3) filtration steps, tested and certified according to the NSF 42 and 58 standards to guarantee the quality of the bottled water directly at the sink.
- Step one: The pre-filter reduces the amount of sand, dirt and other large particles, as well as the taste and smell of chlorine by an average of 95.2%. It improves the appearance, taste and smell of your water. More importantly, it protects the system’s sensitive reverse osmosis membrane from contamination, which extends the system’s service life and saves money.
- Step two: The semi-permeable RO membrane separates water from dissolved solids and organic matter. Some reduction factors: Lead (99.1%)*, arsenic (V) (98.2%)*, cysts (99.99%)*, nitrates plus nitrites (75.4%)*, chromium 6 (97.0%)*. * tested by NSF International
- Step three: The active carbon filter ensures a constant freshness of the water by removing all remaining aromas and odours.
The recommended pressure at which this system can operate is 40 to 100 psi. If the water pressure in the house is too low, filtration can be inefficient and slow.
The WHER25 has been designed to be easy to install and maintain without the need for a plumber and without having to deal with electrical leaks. The RO system comes with illustrated do-it-yourself instructions.
Normally we provide an installation video at this stage, but unfortunately it is not available.
- RO module
- 2 filters
- Reverse osmosis membrane
- Water power adapter
- Plum saddle
- Water tank (white)
- Tank connection
- Coin battery
- Coloured tube
- Nitrate/nitrite test kit
- Eye drops
As mentioned before, this system is designed for easy maintenance. You can change the filter in seconds – literally. Just give them a quarter turn, put them away and replace them. No reason to cut off the water supply, no reason to spill, no reason to leak, no reason to worry.
The built-in filter change indicator indicates when the filters need to be changed. However, we believe that the indicator measures time and not the actual TDS, so don’t give too much hope.
Depending on the spa, you will need to replace parts as often as necessary to maintain filtration efficiency and ensure high quality drinking water for your family:
- Sludge pre-filter : About every 6 months
- RO membrane: Every two years.
- Secondary filter with activated carbon : About every 6 months
As always, the frequency of replacement is highly dependent on water consumption and the quality of the spring water. This means that you may need to change filters less and less often.
The cost of replacement? On the price side, especially considering the fact that we only have a pre-filter, a post-filter and a reverse osmosis membrane.
What we don’t like is.
That’s what we don’t like:
- The owner’s manual states that after each filter change, the R.O. valve must be opened and water must run for 24 hours to clean the system. Despite the fact that the water flow ofis currently a slow flow of, it seems to us an enormous waste.
- Buyers complained about missing parts that slowed down the installation.
- Others mentioned parts of the system that suddenly started leaking.
- The maximum filtration capacity of the system is 18 g/d, which is much lower than most other models.
- Spa service is not always useful.
- Filters and membranes wear out faster than expected.
On the one hand, the WHER25 whirlpool is one of the few cheap reverse osmosis filter systems produced in the United States. The water quality is good and the maintenance is low.
On the other hand, we have a low filter capacity and filters that need to be washed all day before use and tend to wear out quickly. Moreover, installing this system is a kind of game of chance: you never know if it will flood your house while you sleep.
Our opinion: 2.0 of 5 stars and no buying advice!
Are you looking for more product reviews?
If you want more detailed information about RO, you can consult our list of 10 best practices here!
And if you have any questions about the WHER25 whirlpool or any other filter system, please leave a comment below!
wher25 filters,whirlpool wharos5 replacement filters
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.