- Price: $$$.
- Flow rate: 8 gpm
- capacity: 22,100 Cereals
- Number of persons: up to 4
- Rainfall measured:
Previous model number: 220
The WaterBoss 700 is a water softener with 22,000 grains for domestic use and an iron filter that delivers 8 litres per minute.
8 gpm is generally sufficient for families of up to 4 people in an average household.
70 grains per gallon is the maximum hardness the system can withstand, so the water is very hard.
With regard to iron reduction, according to WaterBoss it should be possible to reduce the iron content of black (pure) iron by 10 ppm.
Please note that potassium permanganate must be added periodically to each iron filter.
The 700 water softener is also equipped with a built-in maintenance-free filter for dirt and sludge (20 microns), which can significantly extend the life of the softener.
The pressure you need: At least 20 psi and over 120 psi.
We would also like to point out that this system originated in the United States, which is something you may understand.
Finally, you benefit from a three-year limited warranty on all mechanical and electronic parts. The environmental tank and the outside fence are closed for 10 years.
Incidentally, in order to obtain maximum softening efficiency, the manufacturer gives, among other things, the following advice:
- All WaterBoss water softeners require a pH value of 7+ for proper functioning.
- The salt content in the brine tank must always be at least 1/3 full. If you use potassium chloride, increase your hardness by 12%.
- Pure grains, sunlight or cube salt are recommended. WaterBoss advises against the use of rock salt.
What we like
Model 700 works on demand and activates regeneration, which means it never wastes salt or water when recharging.
This of course reduces your water and salt costs and helps the environment.
For example, the softener uses about 11.1 gallons of water and 1 pound of salt in a 15-minute cycle to regenerate 5,500 grains. A total of 28.6 litres of water and 12 pounds of salt are used for a full refill (22,100 grains). The cycle lasts exactly 41 minutes.
In addition, the product is certified according to NSF 44 for barium and radium 226/228.
Another advantage is the quiet work, which doesn’t wake you up at night.
Installation and commissioning instructions
Two factors make the installation of the WaterBoss 700 much easier, namely
- (A) Factory installed bypass valve.
- and (B) the fact that the system is compact and fits into almost every nook and cranny.
Do you have to be an experienced do-it-yourself plumber to install yourself? We don’t think so. Yeah, it helps if you have experience as a plumber. But in general, if you feel comfortable in the house, everything should go well and you should be able to complete the installation in a few hours.
Here’s what you need to do:
If the softener is not fitted with a bypass valve, we recommend that it is easily maintained. Also ensure that local water regulations are observed.
Where to install
Don’t forget that this water softener needs good drainage and a nearby power outlet. It must also be installed in front of the boiler and after the pressure tank (in the case of wells).
It is also important that the device or drain hose does not freeze.
- Switch off the power and water supply to the boiler.
- Remove all packing and mounting material from the salt container.
- Turn off the water supply.
- Open all cold and hot water taps to drain the remaining water and relieve the pressure in the pipe system.
- To connect the water supply system, lift and remove the housing cover.
- Install the Qest fittings (included). Look out! Look out! Neither teflon tape nor plumbing is required for the control connections.
- Check the arrows on the connections to make sure the current is flowing in the right direction.
- Connect the water pipes to the appliance. Take care not to tighten the fittings on the plastic thread.
- Fix the overflow fitting in the lower position and connect the 1/2 hose (not included in the scope of delivery) between the overflow fitting and a suitable drain.
- Connect a 1/2 drain hose to the cover of the oil drain plug.
- Place a drain hose in the corresponding waste container. Maintain the air hole.
- Then switch the unit to the Bypass position and switch on the water supply.
- Turn on the nearest cold water tap. Flush the system.
- Place the water softener in the service centre.
- Turn off all the faucets.
- Check all pipes and connections for leaks.
- Plug in the water softener plug.
- Program the system via the LCD screen (see below for details).
- Add 2 litres of water to the brine container.
- Start the manual regeneration cycle. Allow the device to draw water from the salt chamber until the test/air intake hose is installed (this takes approximately 8-10 minutes).
- Press button Regenerate and flood the tank.
- Fill the brine container with salt.
- Turn on the power and water supply to the boiler.
- Turn on the cold water tap and let the appliance rinse for 20 minutes (about 76 gallons).
- Replace the housing cover.
The following video shows the installation process for all WaterBoss water softeners.
And here is another video specially made for the WaterBoss 700 :
- Resin/refining tank (grey), 14 3/4 x 18 3/4 x 25 3/4 (W x D x H), 120 lb capacity for salt storage.
- Bypass valve
- 22 Ultra-fine resin of 100 grains (0.7 cubic feet).
- Self-cleaning filter material
- Test strips for water quality testing
- Installation kit
Programming, configuration and maintenance
Programming of the WaterBoss 700 is quick and easy thanks to the user-friendly LCD screen. Among other things, you have to set the water hardness level.
In the advanced customer settings, you can choose between two different regeneration modes, set the clock to the next regeneration cycle, determine how many liters of water to use, and so on.
Furthermore, in terms of maintenance you only need to inspect and clean the brine tank once a year + check/pulse the hose (or if you detect sludge in the tank).
If you want, you can use a resin-based detergent every month, explains WaterBoss.
The system itself can be disinfected with 5.25% sodium hypochlorite – comparable to household bleach.
Are you looking for a manual for the WaterBoss 700, 900 or 950? You can find it here.
What we don’t like is.
The truth is that too many customers have complained about WaterBoss damping systems to our taste.
Not only have there been problems with excessive salt water, failure of tar tanks and flooded basements, or system-wide failures, but in some cases the company seems to refuse to pay for repairs that take place during the warranty period.
That’s why almost half of our customers would not recommend the WaterBoss 700 to anyone – something we sincerely endorse.
With the WaterBoss 700 water softener for 22,000 grains, the nuts seem either excellent or completely terrible. This is because some customers are very satisfied with the system and have no problems, while others – most – say it is an inferior product of a very small company. In other words: It’s a complete waste of money.
Yes, the unit is very small and easy to install, but we recommend that you choose another model of another brand, such as a jacuzzi, to save you a lot of trouble with the product itself and with the WaterBoss customer service.
Looking for more reviews about water softenerBo’s?
Shh. Shh. Here you can find more reviews about WaterBoss water softeners!
This concludes our assessment of the WaterBoss 700. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below!
waterboss 700 manual,how does a waterboss water softener work
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.