If you search the official Culligan website for a quote for one of your water softeners or other water treatment products, you will be in vain. It is the company’s policy not to post prices in advance. If you still want to know how much money you need to invest to soften your water with Culligan’s residential water softener, read the following article.
- Too many factors to consider?
- Get an evaluation of the official route
- Culligan Water Softener Price List and Monthly Rents
- Where and what you can buy instead
Too many factors to consider?
The reason Culligan does not want to display prices for its plasticizers and filters is that total costs may depend on many different factors. The two factors the company mentions are the water problems you have and the problems you may not even be aware of.
In addition, the website states that it is very difficult to determine the best solution for your water without first having your home reviewed by the Culligan Manlocal.
In other words, you should make an appointment with a service technician who will visit your home and assess which softener is best for you. You will receive a prize.
Obtaining the Official Moderation Note
Okay, so where exactly did you get the number?
- First visit culligan.com and press to find my local dealer. You will then be redirected to the contact page.
- You must enter your personal data (name and address) here.
- Finally, press Present.
Now all you have to do is wait for Culligan’s representatives to contact you.
Another option is to enter your zip code in the search bar at the bottom of the page, next to which is Find My Culligan Expert. You will be redirected to a page with contact information for the nearest Culligan store(s). You can then send an e-mail, call, visit the linked website or fill in the contact form on the right (see above).
Within days, you’ll receive a call back and be able to make an appointment with a Culligan water expert who will come to your home, assess your situation and give you a quote.
Domestic water research
The first meeting may include a free basic water analysis. According to Calligan, the test works the same way:
- The sample is taken and tested directly in your kitchen. It should take less than ten minutes.
- The results will be explained to you.
- The best solution for your hard water problems will be discussed with you.
Culligan also offers professional laboratory analysis for the more difficult identification ofwater problems. Whether this test is free or not, we don’t know. The test itself will take several days and you will be informed of the results as soon as they are available.
We’re having some problems with this pricing policy.
First of all, if you have a small budget, it would be a good idea to save time and effort without having to go through the whole ordering and testing process if you can’t afford to use Culligan fabric softener.
What’s more, once it’s in the house, it’s much easier for maintenance staff to switch to a more expensive system that you don’t really need. But since you’re an amateur, how do you know what’s good for you and what isn’t?
I’m warning you: Don’t let anyone persuade you to buy anything or sign a product/service contract without giving you a chance to think about it.
Culligan Water softener Price list & Monthly rentals
It’s finally time to talk about money! How much is Culligan’s water softener?
We have tried to answer this question by finding out how much other people pay for their systems. Here is what we found (information from ConsumerAffairs reviews)
- Client A paid $2,600 for Culligan’s plasticizer, including installation.
- Man B paid $3,000 for a system with intelligent sensor technology.
- Lady C was offered a water softener, a reverse osmosis unit and a sulphur purification unit. These three components cost about $8,500.
- User D bought an air softener + a reverse osmosis drinking water system for $3000 for the whole house.
- Someone paid $3,500 for the combined unit, which was equipped with a pre-filter. Someone else bought $1,700 worth of fabric softener.
For Culligan’s water softener rental plans, here are some examples of monthly payments:
- A tenant pays $115 a month for rent and salt delivery every two months.
- Another Culligan customer signed a three-year contract to rent a basic water softener and reverse osmosis filter, including service (excluding filter, salt and salt supply) for a total of $5,770.
- Our last appraiser was offered a unit in the lease for $80 a month.
After looking at literally dozens of water softeners so far, we can say that these prices are among the highest in the industry and certainly the highest we have ever seen.
And in many examples the costs of operation and maintenance have to be added. This includes electricity, salt and waste water that ends up in the sewage system during filling and backwashing of the resin.
Purchase, lease or finance?
What do you do when you can’t afford that kind of little money?
As you can see above, you can rent and pay or finance the system on a monthly basis. Over time, however, these two options will be much more expensive than direct purchases. Consider this, please. Even a rental contract for a purchase is not a good option.
Where and what to buy instead of
There are so many manufacturers and retailers on the Internet who state the prices of their products openly and clearly, with no hidden costs.
You can also buy the system from your local hardware store or elsewhere.
Personally, we prefer Amazon, because the platform often has the lowest prices. Some of the most popular softeners on the market:
- Price: $$$.
- Flow speed: 12 gpm
- capacity: 48,000 Cereals
- No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. People: 2-6
- Rainfall measured:
- Price: $$$.
- Flow speed: 11.2 gpm
- capacity: 40,000 grains
- Number of persons: up to 4
- Rainfall measured:
- Price: $.
- Flow rate?
- capacity: Unlimited
- No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. People: ?
- Technically: Salt free air conditioning
in two words
The water softener with the Fleck 5600 SXT control head is our favourite today. That’s 48,000 grains at 12 gallons per minute, which provides enough water, even for large families. The dosing unit regenerates as needed, saving you money in the long run.
In addition, the softener is easy to install and even easier to install. The price seems reasonable, with dozens of comments from a satisfied customer as a caveat.
Genesis Premier uses dosed water buoyancy technology to make optimal use of salt and water during regeneration. It is available in 5 different sizes, from 24,000 to 96,000 grains, so you can choose the version that best suits your home.
Other features include a high strength resin that is more resistant to chlorine and chloramines in municipal water, NSF certificates to ensure the performance of the system, and quick and easy installation and adjustment.
The only drawback is that Genesis softeners are generally more expensive.
As an alternative to salt-based systems, consider Eddy’s electronic water softener. The device uses electromagnetic waves to reduce the influence of minerals in the hardness of limestone. Nothing is added or removed from the water. This means not only that there is no reduction in TDS, but also that all healthy minerals are preserved.
It is clear that limescale removal is the most environmentally friendly method of treating hard water – no wastewater or salts entering our water systems and the environment. But is it effective? Some users say yes, some say no.
One thing’s for sure: Descaler is available for a fraction of the price you would pay for a salt softener.
Looking for a Culligan water softener evaluation?
On this page you will find our reviews of Culligan water softeners.
If you have any questions about Culligan water softeners prices, please leave a comment below!
culligan water softener rental prices,water softener monthly rental near me
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.